- Disabled friendly holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight
- Fully accessible bedrooms
- Wetrooms with full wheelchair access
- Lovely rural setting boasting a wealth of attractions within easy reach
About UsThese beautifully restored, disabled accessible, self-catering farm buildings are just inland from the unspoilt, south-western coast of the Island, where you can access many beautiful beaches and chines. They are close to the villages of Chale and Shorwell.
There are four cottages (Rose, Honeysuckle, Lavender and Fuchsia) with the largest two, Rose and Honeysuckle, accommodating up to 8 people each. Our stunning, rural location is a peaceful haven but is within easy drive of many amenities and attractions.
The conversion work was completed during the winter of 1999/2000, and all disabled friendly holiday cottages were accepted for the disability grade 2 rating.
The accommodation is situated in a level, courtyard setting with the owners living in the nearby farmhouse.
BedroomsAll ground floor bedrooms are fully accessible to wheelchair users. Rose cottage (3 bedrooms) has two single fully electric profiling beds in the ground floor bedroom; Lavender Cottage (2 bedrooms) offers one single fully electric profiling bed; Fuchsia (1 Bedroom) offers two electric beds (not height adjustable). We have an additional fully electric profiling bed which we can put into the ground floor bedroom of Honeysuckle (3 bedrooms) if required.
Living AreaThere is full wheelchair access to all living areas on the ground floor and each cottage has an electric riser-recliner chair. Each cottage has a television and DVD player. There is free WiFi.
BathroomsAll downstairs bathrooms are wetrooms with full wheelchair access. A shower wheel-chair, perching stool or shower chair can be borrowed on request for no extra charge. Raised toilet seats are also provided.
KitchenWell-equipped kitchens, with all crockery, cutlery and utensils, washing machine (with access to shared tumble-dryer), dishwasher (available in the two larger cottages), microwave, cooker and fridge/freezer.
GardensLevel access into property from adjacent hard-standing parking place.All the cottages have their own courtyard patio area, one accommodation also has its own rear lawned garden and there is a shared lawned garden area. Within the shared garden there is a hot tub available for guests to use.
- Amazon World Zoo Park
- Blackgang Chine fantasy park
- Ventnor Botanic Gardens
- Alum Bay Sands
- The Needles
- Dinosaur Isle, Sandown
- Shanklin Chine
- Osborne House, East Cowes
Additional InformationWith our disabled clients in mind, we are happy to provide the following:
- The cottages surround a flat courtyard, with a sealed, hard surface.
- All cottages have flat doorway thresholds.
- All cottages are ground-floor accessible.
- Each cottage includes an electrically-operated riser-recliner chair.
- Lavender has a fully-electric profiling bed.
- Rose includes two single fully electric profiling beds.
- We have cot-sides available to book, for attaching to single beds.
- We have an additional electric profiling bed which can be used in the ground floor bedrooms of Honeysuckle; please discuss on enquiring.
- We also have a single manually operated, ex-hospital bed, with adjustable height, etc.
- Each cottage has an accessible ground floor shower room (wet room), with a wall-mounted seat.
- We have a variety of shower chairs/shower wheelchairs available to book. Photos of these can be found on the Accessibility page of our website.
- We have a swivel, height-adjustable perching stool, for use in the showers; available to book.
- There are raised toilet seats, available to book.
- Jumbo feet raisers are available to raise beds and chairs.
- Electric sockets are raised, light switches are lowered.
Cots and high chairs are available free of charge, but subject to advance booking. Ample off road parking. Pets welcome at a cost of £20 per cottage and are subject to prior notification (no charge for guide dogs). Shop, pub and restaurant 2 miles.
Bed linen, towels and utility costs are included in the price.
- Accessible Parking
- Accessible Drop Off Point
- Level or Ramped Access to Entrance
- Accessible Toilet(s)
- Accessible Bathroom(s)
- Wheel-in Shower(s)
- Accessible Bedroom(s)
- Assistance Dogs allowed
- Disabled equipment available on-site
- Electric bed(s)
- Riser / recliner chair(s)
LocationView map for Atherfield Green Farm Holiday Cottages
Atherfield Green Farm Holiday Cottages
T: 01983 741573
Send an e-mail to Atherfield Green Farm Holiday Cottages
When contacting Atherfield Green Farm Holiday Cottages, please mention that you saw them on Good Access Guide. Thank you.
Before booking accommodation or a visit to this business please contact them to ensure that they have the facilities / amenities to suit
your particular requirements. For more information please read our disclaimer.